Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day (in Texas)!

So, as this crazy wintery tundra takes over America, us Dallas folks weren't missing out on any of the fun. I was laying in bed last Thursday night about to fall asleep to my FRIEND's DVD's, when the TV shut off. Awesome, no power. Thank you again winter for ruining my life.

Okay, I'll just go to sleep and it will turn back on shortly. I had to remind myself not to get startled when the lights flashed in the middle of the night and FRIEND's started playing again. It was the episode where Ross buys a new couch and is trying to get it up the stairs- "PIVOT, PIVOT". Oh Ross and his silly antics.

I digress.

So you can imagine my astonishment when I woke up at 6am (no thanks to an alarm clock), and noticed that the power still wasn't on. I jumped out of bed and put on my NCA Cheerleader hooded sweatshirt, and opted for a heavy pair of sweatpants, in lieu of my VS PINK boxers. BRR, it was cold!

So now what do I do? All the stores/restaurants on my block were also without power, and my car was iced in. Lucky for me, I have good friends. No sooner than I was plotting how to build a fire in my bathtub out of bath beads and matches, did Rachel Knight call me to tell me to come over. Apparently Erica and Heather were without power as well, but Rachel was a chosen one, who DID still have heat and lights. I immediately call Erica to tell her to pick me up from my ice cube of a bed, and we're off.

Besides the fact that Heather had to go into work (stupid NBA All Star Weekend), it was a pretty fantastic Snow Day. We got Panera for breakfast, Chipotle for lunch and Tiff's Treats (a fabulous little cookie shop in Dallas that delivers fresh baked cookies and ice cream) for our afternoon snack. Erica printed wedding invitations, and I yelled at the cat. It was good day!

Thanks again to the city of Dallas for not having the capacity to handle a little snowfall and ice. I'm pretty sure people are STILL without power. You rock!

See below for our hot Snow Day pictures.



Erica all bundled on the couch taking a break from being Super Bride.



Rachel clearly looking annoyed at me for making her be photogenic on a Snow Day.



Me on a conference call. The only spot in Rachel's house, near an outlet where I could get cell phone service. Since I had no power all night, my iPhone and it's really awesome battery were dead.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I love your conference call location. You should see if your company would be cool with you taking all of them from that spot! It looks comfy :)

    ReplyDelete