Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yes Dog

Welp, it appears that I may need to change the title of my blog....

Now before you get ahead of yourselves, I still have no husband and I still have no house, however, drumroll please... we are getting a dog! Well let me clarify, Josh is getting a dog. However, I obviously helped pick her out, and I will be her sole doggy mommy, I just won't be living with her every day, sadly.

We have been searching for months for the perfect rescue pup. We both had different things we were looking for in our future pup. Josh wanted an active little girl who he could take to the lake and fetch with in the backyard. I, of course, wanted a snuggle bear who likes to kiss and cuddle. We both wanted a medium-big size dog and neither of us will tolerate aggressive behavior, so she had to be submissive.

All that into account, we finally found our little girl. Osa (who we will be calling Osa Bear) is coming home with us on Saturday afternoon. We have met with her twice now, and we are just in love. We even took her to the dog park on Tuesday, and although she loves playing with other dogs, she loved hanging out near Josh and me more. She is a 10-month old Australian Shepherd mix (or so we hear), but we think she's a mix of all kinds of fun stuff. She is house-trained (almost), and eager to learn more.

Here are some pics of her. Keep in mind, she was recently shaved, so we think she will have longer hair, and she still needs to pack on about 10 pounds. Regardless, she is still the loveliest, most precious pup in the world. Welcome home Osa Bear!



9 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I am tearing up for you. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her!!!! She needs to be Toby Carter's long-distance girlfriend...actually, nevermind, they might be related! Congrats Ash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. I am sure I will see her soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are SOOO right Vanessa! It looks like Toby's sister. Maybe it is :) Well, that means they will have to meet because I'm pretty sure they will have a reunion after being separated for this long. Unbelievable! And Ash- so excited for you guys!!!

    PS Toby is apparently a German Shepard/Chow mix. Is Osa Bear's tounge spotted???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt- it IS spotted!! Her and Toby are already best friends- I can't wait til they meet. She will definitely be coming on some Kansas road trips in the near future.

    Thanks everyone for all your support- we are both VERY excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How am I just now reading this?? Love it, and her! I cannot wait to meet her in 1 month!! Congrats on being a mommy again! :)

    ReplyDelete