Friday, January 29, 2010

13.10938 Miles

Yes, that's right... 13.10938 miles is the exact distance of a half marathon. A half marathon which I will be running on April 11th (insert smug laugh here). For those of you who know me, you know that I wouldn't classify myself as a "runner". In fact, I am the person who thinks "runners" are absolutely crazy. I mean, how on Earth could ANYONE find that fun?!? However, with some subtle motivation from a co-worker (and now close friend- actually she is my soulmate, but that's another blog post), we have decided to get our booties moving, and "get 'er done".

Training started this week. Monday- rest, Tuesday- 2 miles, Wednesday- rest, Thursday-2.5 miles, Friday- weights, Saturday- 3 miles, Sunday -2.5 miles + weight traning. Doesn't sound so bad, right? Well, I have to tell you...so far, so good. I actually (dare I say it) enjoy it?!?

Let's chat again in a few weeks when I have to run 15 miles in one week... Miss "Full of optimism and motivation" may be singing a different tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment