Thursday, January 14, 2010

Really Dentist?

So, contrary to Emily Griffin, I for one, HATE the dentist. It seems that every time I go, there is SOMETHING wrong which typically ends up costing me lots of moolah (lots of moolah I don't have, might I add). So I went a few weeks ago to have a crown put on ($$cha-ching$$), and had to go back today to get the temp switched out for the permanent.

I had the option of getting numbed up or not, which I swiftly declined as the last thing I wanted to do was walk into my 10am creative briefing with the right side of my face drooping like a Bloodhound and drool trickling down my chin. Everything was going as planned. The Dental hygenist removed the temp with no problem (or pain) and then the Dentist came in to put in the permanent. So I'm laying there, with an open tooth cavity, when the ditzy hygenist decides to spritz the air tube thing on my tooth. OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH!!!!! Really lady?!? Cold air, open vulnerable nerve- SO NOT OKAY!

Once the excruciating pain subdued, my dentist followed up with, "So, have you heard about what happened in Haiti?" No, idiot- I haven't heard. Only the biggest devastation to hit our world in centuries, and I haven't heard a thing- please, PLEASE, enlighten me.

At least I got free teeth whitening trays for a year! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment