Thursday, February 11, 2010

1/2 Marathon Update...

So a couple weeks ago, I told you all that I would be participating in a Half Marathon. I have now completed 2.5 weeks of training, and I'm still going strong.

The farthest I've ran so far without stopping is 4 miles. I did this in 41 minutes and 20 seconds. A BIG thanks to Taryn for sticking with me and running at a Grandma's pace. You see, my training partner was out of town so I needed a fill in- if you didn't know, Taryn ran in college on a scholarship- she doesn't mess around. I felt like she was one of those horses at the races who can't wait for the gate to open so they can get out- except, the gate never opened. Ah well, she stuck by me through and through. Thanks T.

This weekend will be a doozy- 5 miles on Saturday, 2.5 on Sunday, and 4 on Monday. Since it's President's Day, I will be off from work, so I want to get one of the bigger weekly runs in.

Honestly, the only thing keeping me going is that I have promised myself a brand new running outfit for the Big Race. I may be the slowest one out there, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be the most stylish. It's all about the priorities people.

2 comments:

  1. Half of running is looking good doing it! A new pair of running shoes or running attire really gets me pumped! Great job on the mileage they say that in any new workout plan if you can make it past the third week than you are well on your way so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, I can't believe you are doing this! Good for you... the most I ever ran was 8 or 9 miles, then i gave up. So your goal at the very least is the beat me :)

    ReplyDelete