Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm sensing a trend...

I spent most of my time last week in Chicago for work, where I accordingly gorged myself at every meal. You see, when you travel for work and you are entertaining clients, you tend to eat like you're on vacation. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, I somehow got away with rationalizing dessert at every meal. So you can imagine how I felt when I got back late Friday night. If you guessed like a 500 pound greasy french fry, you guessed right.

I immediately went to the grocery store and bought all my usual healthy items. You see, if I can stick to what I have at home to eat, I'm good to go. The problem is when I'm out in the free world- I have ZERO self control.

It wasn't until today when I was eating my lunch that I realized, I have a serious problem. Tell me if you can see the trend here:

Dinner last night- Pita Pizza
Ingredients: Whole wheat pita bread, pizza sauce, reduced fat mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, TURKEY pepperoni

Breakfast today- 2 pieces of TURKEY bacon and a hard boiled egg

Lunch Today: Sandwich
Ingredients: Whole wheat bread, muenster cheese, mustard, lettuce, sliced deli TURKEY and TURKEY pepperoni

Dinner Tonight: Tacos
Ingredients: Whole wheat tortillas, cheese, black beans, rotel and ground TURKEY

Gobble gobble anyone??

4 comments:

  1. I think whoever killed the first turkey is a genius. Below is a clip from my IM convo with Ashley today...

    ashpayson (10:28:05 AM): I brought a turkey sandwich today
    ashpayson (10:28:15 AM): but all its saying to me is "Im not as good as mr goodcents"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, keep eating turkey. You are keeping my client in business...as long as it's Honeysuckle White turkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch food inc and you will never want to eat a bird again... yuck! And you already know that I have a weird thing about birds before learning the truth!!! (haha... I am such a hippie).

    ReplyDelete
  4. is turkey pepperoni any good? important questions here..

    ReplyDelete