Friday, February 5, 2010

I have issues...

So those of you who know me, know that I have serious issues with food. It's pretty much all I think about. When I'm eating a meal, I'm thinking about what I'm going to eat at my next meal, and when I'm NOT eating, I'm thinking about when I WILL eat again. I'm not saying this is healthy- in fact, it's incredibly unhealthy and life consuming, but I am who I am.

I don't know why I have these food obessions. I was raised an only child (my brother, 15 years my senior, moved out when I was 3), so it's not like I had that "fend for yourself" mentality, or had to fight off 5 siblings for the last piece of pizza. There was always PLENTY of food to go around in the Payson household. Trust.

Below are some examples of why I have SERIOUS issues...

Normal person's thinking: "I am full, I should stop eating"
Ashley's thinking: "I am full, but there is food left on my plate, I need to finish it all, and THEN have a bowl of cereal to top it off.I always need something sweet after my meal, so why not make it a delicious bowl of cereal?"

Normal person's thinking: "There is a serving of chips left in the bag, I'll save it for the next time I crave some chips"
Ashley's thinking: "There is a serving of chips left in the bag. I could put them back in the pantry. But if I do, I will sit here on the couch and think of the last serving of chips in the pantry and how I should just finish them off so they're not lonely. I mean, they did lose all of their other chip friends to my belly already- why should they have to suffer any longer?"

Normal person's thinking: "I just went grocery shopping. I now have food to satisfy me for a week or so. It feels good to have a stocked fridge and pantry."
Ashley's thinking: "I just went grocery shopping. I now have to sample ALL the items I've purchased, and make sure that I STILL do enjoy them. Well hell, of course I'll still enjoy them, I just need to sample them because they're THERE!"

Well, this is my life, and I'll never change. I'm just glad I have friends who love the fat kid I am growing inside of me :)

4 comments:

  1. Holy fatty. Only you would make a whole post about food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better you were not always that way. When you were little you enjoyed eating but you were very picky and then you moved on to the next thing. You are your father's daughter for sure and alot like mom with the bowl of cereal to finish off a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both!!!!!! That is why I chose NOT to keep food in the house. The Griffin's live on toast and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete