Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"It's okay, I'm a Cheerleader"

Most of you know that I spent most of my college career cheering on the Wildcats (literally). I sported the purple and white proudly and had the opportunity to travel to most of the greatest temples of athleticism and perform sweet cheerleading moves in hopes of aiding the Cats to Victory.

Being a cheerleader makes me qualified for some very important things in life. For example, I'm always qualified to bust out a "High V" when I get excited or throw out a high kick when a friend needs a little nod of encouragement. I suppose I'm also qualified to judge other cheerleaders and make fun of bad technique or ugly uniforms.

However, I would say that the list of things I'm NOT qualified for, highly preceeds the list of things I am. But not according to my dear friend Rachel Knight, she is always trying to give credit where credit is due.

Last night during our weekly Bachelor viewing, Taryn was complaining of some back pain (most likely from slaving over her computer all day long in her dank dark cubicle). She wanted so badly for someone to give her back a good pop, but was "scared" of being popped on the floor. She informed us that she's used to "Nicole, the large shot put thrower" picking her up and giving her a good squeeze to get all the vertebraes back in place. Taryn, how you spent your college days are between you and Nicole. No judgement here.

Regardless, I told Taryn that I could pop her back, and that I'm actually quite capable of this task. She was apprehensive, but good ol' Rach assured her that it was okay because "I was a cheerleader". Yep, that's right- apparently being a cheerleader, makes me experienced enough to perform acts of the medical kind.

Anyone need heart surgery or a baby delivered? Give me a ring. It's okay, I'm a cheerleader!

3 comments: